Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh my God, why have you done this to me?

why

my lord, you are supposed to be my strength,

to build me up.

"You're tearing me down" I shout,

but you are patient and gentle with me.



I run and try to escape you.

I am angry and hurt.

I don't see why you would ever put me through this.

I get it,

only part of it,

I see why it must happen,

but like this?

My God, why like this?

I scream and I cry;

I am angry at you and I doubt.

"If you loved me then why must it be like this?"



I drive,

drive and I drive.

Then,

I know it. I see it.

Right in front of me.

You did it for me.

For us.

You are showing me how it has to be,

just you and me.

There it is, I asked you to show me,

and there it is.

I know it is your answer.

I have no doubt.

Where else could it have come from, so obvious and easy.

You love me and want me.

I was getting distracted;

loosing sight of you,

and you pulled me back in.

You showed me that you are all I need.

I had lost my focus and you showed me the way.



That wasn't it though,

Lord,

that wasn't it.

You used this for more than just that.

Even after I thought I had it all figured out,

you corrected me again.

Like a child,

almost there, but still struggling.

How could I think that was it?

How dare I be so selfish?

Oh no, it isn't all about me,

i'm only a tool.

My feeble mind cannot comprehend

you.

All I see are glimpses

and

I hope I am getting it.

this is just as much a lesson for them also.



You speak to

me

and tell me that

you are God.

I am learning

you have powers beyond my belief.

I am learning

to trust.

My God,

you have a plan.

Take me and use me as you will.

Show me how to fall back on you.

I want to be

yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment