Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Almost there!

Wow this has been a lot harder than I expected. I figured that I would be really hungry for the first day or so, but after that it would pretty much just be a dull pain. that part I was right about. Too bad I didn't expect the super low energy, or headache, or constant pain in my whole body. It has really made me think. I'm only doing this for about 3 days. That is nothing. Many people fast for longer than this. Jesus and many others fasted for much more than I am doing. Some went many more days without food, while others went days without food or drink.

This to me shows how much more I have do grow. I still have so much closer with God I can get. It is tough, but I'm growing from it. Never before did I realize how hard fasting was and how serious it is when spoken of in the bible. All the stories about fasting I have never truly taken seriously. I have just read them and never realized how hard it is and how strong the people were that did it for so long.

As I am writing this I am struggling with whether or not I should even make a post about this. As I was reading I have come across scripture that says to essentially keep it to myself, not to do it for glory from others, but to keep it in secret between God and I (Matthew 6:16-18). I have reflected on this, and I do not think that I am writing this to be boastful in anyway, nor am I trying to say that I am more superior to anyone else. I am merely expressing my feelings on the matter. Still this is an important thing to remember, I do not need to draw attention to myself for this. I know that I have been showing how tired I have been, and I really think that this is something I need to work on. I should not be making it apparent that I am fasting. It is tough, but something I need to work on.

So far I have learned how small I am compared to God. I have realized how much I rely and look forward to food; how unnecessary the foods I eat are. At this point I would gladly eat anything. Why do I make meals such and extravagant part of my life. I need to eat the best food, only what I want to eat, and I must enjoy it. Where in reality all I need is something to sustain me. God will provide with what I need. I must look to him and trust in him. That is something that I truly need to work on. What a growing experience this has been, hopefully I can take what I have learned so far, and what I will continue to learn, and apply it to my life in the future.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment